When do I need to apply for Commencement 2023 Participation?
You must have completed your “Application for Degree” form and Pay $100 Fee by April 1, 2023; to participate and be cleared by your Student Advisor. Please complete the Application for Degree form here.
For Doctorate Candidates Only
Program completion dates for doctoral candidates participating in commencement:
- April 1, 2023 – to walk in the ceremony and have their name/dissertation title published in the commencement program.
- After April 1, 2023 – still eligible to walk in the ceremony but doctoral candidate’s name and dissertation title will not be listed in the commencement program.
- Important note: Please be aware that a candidate’s program may have more stringent deadlines requiring that candidates not only defend, but turn in their completed dissertations to the library by May 1st to participate in the ceremony.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you meet the required deadlines for participation.
It’s the day of Commencement. Where do I go, and when?
The Commencement ceremony will take place at The Saroyan Theatre in downtown Fresno. Students must check in at 9:00am. Graduates should check in at the check in table located in the lobby.
- Vets will be provided with cords upon check in.
What time should my guests arrive?
The theater will open at 9:30am for guest seating. We ask that all guests be in their seats by 10:45am, so that the ceremony can begin promptly at 11:00am.
Where can I order Commencement announcements, Diploma Frames, etc.?
What if my guests or I need disability seating and/or assistance?
Are there any items that I need to bring on the day of Commencement?
You are required to bring your regalia: cap with tassel, gown, and for doctoral graduates only, your hood.
- Master students should be wearing their hoods
- Doctoral students should carry their hood on stage for hooding.
Will there be any photographs taken of me?
Yes. Photographs will be taken of each graduate as they receive their diploma/hood by Grad Images. They will be providing professional photography services during the commencement ceremony. The photographer will be available at graduation to answer questions, make inquiries and purchase graduation photos.
Guests will not be permitted to leave their seats to take photos during the ceremony.
How do I order my regalia (cap and gown)?
You must order your regalia online no later than April 2nd by visiting the regalia website. https://alliant.shopoakhalli.com/purchasewizard/Welcome
1) Regalia is to be shipped back to Oak Hall within 30 days of receiving their order. (include the packing slip)
2) Inside packaging cannot be opened. (Return Sealed As Received) You cannot open & use for photos.
3) You will be responsible for return shipping costs (via: USPS/UPS/FED EX)
Oak Hall | 840 Union Street, PO Box 1078, Salem, Virginia 24153
Will there be rehearsals?
No. Rehearsals aren’t held for any Commencement activities.
Where can I store personal belongings during Commencement?
There is no secure place for your personal belongings. If you choose to bring personal items, please give them to your guests to hold onto before the ceremony begins. In order to keep the ceremony as distraction-free as possible, all phones must be put on vibrate or turned off.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Are degrees presented at the Commencement ceremony?
No. At the ceremony, you will receive a diploma cover but not your actual diploma.
When will I receive my degree?
It depends on when you complete your degree process. Once you complete your degree requirements you should receive it 6 weeks from that date. Please be sure your correct address is on file with the university to ensure that you receive your diploma in a timely manner.
What if my name or address has changed since I submitted my graduation application?
Please email email@example.com and request the necessary changes.
Where do I park?
Please plan to arrive early, so you are not late for the ceremony. Information regarding parking options will be provided soon. Please check back for updates.