Sacramento and San Francisco Commencement Ceremony
You can still order your photos by visiting the Grad Images website!
Friday, May 13th
Ceremony begins at 1:00pm
Oakland Marriott City Center | 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
Number of guests per graduate: 9
- Tickets will be available starting April 15th. More information on how to order your tickets will be provided at that time.
As of April 29th, we are no longer accepting participation forms.
Any participation form submitted after April 29th at 12pm PT will not be accepted.
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
COVID-19 SAFETY REQUIREMENTS AT THE OAKLAND MARRIOTT CITY CENTER
Per the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), all guests will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) OR a negative test is required. Booster shots are not required at this time. Tests must be taken:
- 48 hours before May 13th for a PCR test
- 24 hours before May 13th for a rapid antigen test
Children 5 years of age and younger are not required to show proof of a negative test.
In addition, unvaccinated guests are required to wear a mask while inside the theatre.
- Acceptable proof of vaccination is either the original vaccination card, a printed copy of the vaccination card, or digital vaccination recordwith an appropriate ID matching the name on vaccination documentation.
- Unvaccinated guests will be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hours of the event OR an antigen test 24 hours before the event and will provide proof of a negative result before entering the venue.
- Acceptable proof of a negative Covid-19 test result must be in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy).* The documentation must include:
- Type of test (indicating it is a PCR or antigen test)
- The entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare entity, or telehealth service)
- Specimen collection date.
- Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number)
- Test Result
- Over-the-counter tests will not be accepted as proof of negative results of COVID-19
California residents may request a digital vaccination record at MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov.
You can still purchase regalia by ordering directly from Oak Hall (cap & gown). The regalia will be shipped directly to students. The last day to place your order to guarantee delivery before graduation is Friday, April 24th.
Shop: Oak Hall
Announcements and Diploma Frames
Announcements and Diploma Frames can be ordered on-line. The announcement/invitation site is live!
Grad Images will be taking photos of all graduates as they walk across the stage. You will be able to purchase your photos directly through them. More information will be provided closer to the date.
All degree requirements must be met by Friday, May 1, 2022 in order to participate in commencement. (With the exception of Internship Hours & Current Semester/Term course work)
Doctoral students check with your Student Advisor to assure your dissertation paperwork is complete and to schedule your Final Oral Defense no later than TBD.
- Dissertation title submitted
- Doctoral Hooding during ceremony
Hotels in Area
- Oakland Marriott City Center | 1001 Broadway, Oakland, USA, California 946073721
- Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown | 988 Broadway, Oakland, California 94607 USA
- Hampton Inn Oakland Downtown-City Center | 378 11th Street Oakland, CA 94607
- Ramada by Wyndham Oakland Downtown | 371 13th St, Oakland, CA, 94612